Drafts and stuff

Drafts and meanderings of my mind.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Assignment 3 autobiographical essay ideas 1

203am 2.7.6

Sometimes I wonder what makes me different. What is it? Every time I look I find that I’m the same as someone standing right next to me. My desire for uniqueness seems desperate and mundane. I do nothing well… I fail and I fail… but isn’t that identical to everyone, even in my failure I’m the same. But something tells me I’m different… and it’s not just those voices I hear acclaiming my work or saying that they care for me, voices I frankly drown out with the white noise. Everyone gets acclaim. Everyone is cared for.

My life began humbly and has remained so.

Young men always think they’re the greatest. I’m no different. I’m the greatest example of a stubborn sinner. I know the Truth in a way few others have ever known, and yet I fail at embracing it with every part of my body soul and spirit.

Can my feet really mean something more than the things that carry me from place to place, could they be a metaphor for my life? The archless things that cause pain to other parts of the body? Is there a metaphor for my cowardice causing pain to my family, friends and loves?

I feel old. I’m 25, a quarter century, a third the way to death, well over two decades old, halfway to fifty, closing in on a midlife crisis, and a net worth less than my age. I feel like the stories people tell me I’ve heard, like the new people I meet are but permutations of the people I’ve already met, like the knowledge I learn as useless and ignorant as a cubic centimeter of space. I feel like life has left me casually standing and as if I’ve missed the taxi cab because I waited for it in the first place. The taxi cab is a myth, no one has one, not even those rare shooting stars that seem to streak through life with no worries… Nope, no taxi cab. It’s a unicorn, instead. Well, maybe you have a phoenix, or a sphinx… but I have a unicorn. And its actually quite fantastic!

When I was growing up, I dreamed of being famous, the first Hispanic-Irish-Catholic President… or the inventor of some new theory that made Einstein seem like a dim star… In fact, in middle school I created an algorithm for creating a magic square of any size (so long as the length of side was the square of another number). I was encouraged to get it published in math journals, and I considered it until I looked into it a bit more to find that other algorithms already existed, or at least seemed to.

234am

3 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks for the post; it has proven to be exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing your
deep thoughts.

essays help

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have shared a good piece of information here in the blog..
Assignment Help

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice stuff for the sharing I like it keep it up.
Assignment Writing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home